Monday, March 30, 2009

My Hardcore Gaming on Wii…



The Wii has been on the market now for about 2.5 years and like Nintendo consoles of the past, has been labeled as Kiddy. However this generation the battle has been more between Casual and Hardcore gaming. Nintendo has succeeded beyond expectations and I have enjoyed way too many games than I originally thought coming off the less than stellar performance of the Gamecube.

With all the games I have bought there has still been a lack of good Mature rated games. Most have been either cheap ports or lousy developed titles, minus the great No More Heroes. However last year I bought Call of Duty: World At War and the excitement continued to roll in when 2009 came around. MadWorld recently hit earlier this month and later the DS finally saw its first and long anticipated Grand Theft Auto. Lately I have been putting too many hours in to Chinatown Wars and it even overshadows many Nintendo 1st party games.

2009 will even get better when The Conduit hits in June, and Dead Space: Extraction later this fall. Having only time and money for one console and one handheld I am happy that 3rd parties are finally understanding the Nintendo systems and filling the void of games that the PS3 and 360 enjoy.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

The upcoming Wii game I'm most looking forward to is "Muramasa, The Demon Blade."
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3173680&p=44&sec=PREVIEWS
It may not be hardcore from a content perspective, but it certainly isn't kiddy shovelware.