Monday, February 8, 2010

Gotta Catch 'Em All





Last November, I completed what I consider to be one of the greatest video game achievements. I completed my Pokedex by obtaining the last two Pokemon that I needed: Lugia and Arceus.



I started to catch 'em all on April 22, 2009 when I purchased Pokemon Pearl. The first Pokemon I received was Turtwig from Prof. Rowan.

Here is a rough estimate of what it took to capture all 493.

Games Purchased: Pokemon Pearl, Pokemon Leaf Green, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Ranch, Pokemon Colosseum, Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, and Pokemon Platinum.

Total Play Time: Just a rough estimate, but about 490+ hours of play time between all of the games. This includes over 240 hours in Pokemon Pearl and beating Pokemon Leafgreen and Pokemon Emerald three times each.

Times I dragged my wife and kids to Toys 'R Us or GameStop so I could download an exclusive Pokemon: 8.

It looks like my achievement will be short lived however. This past Sunday, the fifth generation of Pokemon was announced. They showed off the silhouette of a new Pokemon. Once this game comes out I can renew my quest to catch them all.

No comments: