Monday, September 15, 2008

License Plate Vexation…



So I am a gamer and one that frequents the IGN forums quite often. As a Nintendo loyalist I usually end up in the Wii and DS Lobby, but on occasion I will check out what is happening with the other consoles. I have often said that I enjoy reading about video games more than I like playing them and so I tend to check out blogs as well. Go Nintendo is the most popular one I visit regularly and over the years of reading post after post I have come to understand the meaning of NMH, MOH, COD, LOZ, etc. Most people would understand they are simply abbreviations for larger names, which is true, but my mind now understands any abbreviation regardless of intent being associated with some game.



I live in the state of Utah and it is standard to have 3 numbers followed by 3 letters. As I travel the roads in and around town I constantly am peeking at the license plates of those driving in front of my view. More often than not, I will seek out a meaning for the last three letters hoping to find a game title hidden within. It may be my obsession with forum reading or simply the fact that I have a personal custom licence plate, but the vexation is a common everyday routine…

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I wanted to buy NMH when it was on sale today. But Tammie would have got mad. So I bought Mercury Meltdown Revolution instead.