Saturday, November 15, 2008

Drum Tuning

Today I got my USB-Midi cable from Activision so I could tune my drum set for Guitar Hero World Tour.

Some of the drums for GHWT were either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. My drum set fell into the latter category. My blue drum and orange cymbal would have to be hit harder than normal for them to register. So Activision provided a free computer program and a free USB-Midi cable (second day Fed-Ex even) to enable owners to set the sensitivity for each individual drum pad and cymbal. The details can be found here.


The program is easy to use and it works wonders. I am now an expert drummer. (OK, it hasn't made me an expert drummer, but I am better now and when I mess up I know it is me and not the drum kit). Now all the pads require the same amount of strength to successfully hit them. This is the second major problem that Activision and Red Octane have had (the first being no stereo sound on the Wii version of Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.) At least they have come forth and provided solutions to the problems.

No comments: