Saturday, July 5, 2008

Monkeys in Balls

This weeks game of the week is Super Monkey Ball 2. The Super Monkey Ball game series is a really weird idea for a game, but it works. Instead of just having a marble roll around on a platform maze you make the marble a clear ball and put a monkey in it. Pure genius. The game play was great, and the puzzles were super challenging. However, I beat all of the game levels except for the very last one, where you manuver around on a Gamecube.

I really need to put this game back into my Gamecube and finish off this last level. The minigames on this game were also a lot of fun. My favorite was monkey target where you tried to drop your flying monkey into the middle of a target.
I recently just purchased the wii sequal Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. This game has a shorter main game than previous games, but it has 50 mini-games. Though I have heard most of them are throwaways. I'll have a review of Banana Blitz at a later time.

No comments: