Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mario Kart Challenge

Mario Kart Wii has the most addictive competitive elements that does not include direct head to head play. Time Trial mode not only allows you to race against your best time and Nintendo Staff ghosts, the Mario Kart Wii Channel also allows ranks your best time compared to your friends, your region, and the whole world. It became an obsession for the first few weeks I owned the game to make sure I had a faster time trial time then all of my friends. That was until I went on vacation for a week. I came back and now I don't have any records. 31 of the 32 track records belong to Adibobea9, the other one to Ryan.

However, with Adiboboea9 going on abroad for school for a month I have a chance to recapture some of the top times. He only thinks I will get 10 records while he is gone, I think I will get over 20. The competitive nature of the rankings make the time trial mode extremely addictive so I will imagine I will be wasting a lot of time while he is gone to beat his records.

2 comments:

Adibobea9 said...

HA HA HA, this post is priceless. Good luck trying to get back your records. I look forward to coming home in July and seeing my records still in tact. On another note the Luigi stars will soon be mine…

Justin said...

Haha! Classic adibobea style. I played Mario Cart Wii for the first time last week. Amazing. I got side-tracked doing tricks off the jumps instead of racing. Turning was a little rough at first. Overall, the game is brilliant. Wish I had a Wii...