Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wii Experience

Being on vacation without my Wii has been tough. I have been going through Wii withdrawals. It got especially bad when I found out that the Nintendo Channel launched today. I have been waiting for the Nintendo Channel since December.

As I was walking through Six Flags Magic Mountain today I saw the Wii Experience station. They had a number of Wii stations set up along with a gift shop that had a number of video game shirts. They had a wide variety of games set up: Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Play, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree. While I was there playing a number of people came in and tried out some of the games. The controls on Wii Play seemed a little bit hyper sensitive. Overall I think it is an effective setup for Nintendo and Six Flags. It probably would have been a good idea to have Wii Sports as one of the games. Not necessarily because it is such a great game, but because that is what people know the Wii by. Nevertheless, it certainly eased my Wii withdrawal.



1 comment:

Justin said...

Congrats on C-man's first pokemon. I don't have children of my own, by I imagine it's like his first step, first word, or first tattoo.