Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Next Gen: WiiHD…


Currently Nintendo fans are enjoying the Wii as they fling their arms in the comfort of their homes, but there are already rumors of the next video game console "WiiHD" to be making its appearance in the year 2011. I grew up on Nintendo, but for most of my life I never had to buy the systems and the respective games. Even the Gamecube was a gift for Christmas and as a late bloomer the games were only played for a short period of time before the announcement of the Wii. This is the first time I bought the system and stayed current throughout it lifetime.

Although it has only been two years from the launch, it is a scary thought to be thinking about putting down more money in hopes to play the next big thing in Nintendo's lineup. What's worse is Nintendo also has plans to release another DS in the near future and I still have yet to play all of the games I currently own and want to own. One of my fears for this generation of gaming was the rise of Nintendo. I was content with them being in 3rd place in the race; it gave me great games but not so often. My wallet and my game completion could keep up with one another. Now that they are on top there are too many great games to play and too little time to play them.

I love the fact that as I get older I can still enjoy my pastime, but it gets difficult when school and work impede me from enjoying it to the fullest. It is a sad tale that games are so addictive, because they are also so expensive. I now have to look to Ebay and other online deals in order to get the games I want and will never play. Although truth be told, when I retire I will have an entire collection to sift through…

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Now we need to figure out where the DS-i goes on the graph: next to the DS phat and DS Lite or on its own line down.